Since today is a Maundy Thursday I thought why not post something about religion ei? And what better topic than sin. Plus I found these awesome pictures that I found on deviantART that I thought was worth sharing. These photos are by blackeri, a digital painter from Poland.
So what are these 7 Deadly Sins I am talking about? Well they are no other than:
- Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
- Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.
- Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.
- Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.
- Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.
- Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.
- Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
If I remember my Religious Studies well enough these are also known as capital vices or cardinal sins (mortal sins). They are classified as mortal sins because it destroys man's state of grace and the sinner is threatened of eternal damnation unless forgiven or given an absolution through the sacrament of confession.
Hmm... I wonder if I am guilty of any of those sins... well I do admit that I sometimes am greedy, envious, lustful, wrathful, a sloth (not slut), prideful, and I am even am a glutton at times but not that excessively that it destroys my relationship. But I am only human and make mistakes sometimes... but I know that there is no excuse to sin...